About Augustus King
Named after a business venture that Matt and his late Father (Mike) had. The idea was that the profits would fund the start of Matt's trading career. Mike would have been proud to see that Matt's trading flourished regardless, and the fund now carries the name of Augustus King.
Is Augustus King Right For My Needs?
YES, if any of the following apply:
- You are looking to diversify your savings.
- You wish to also profit from market crashes or bear markets (not just bull markets).
- You want to outperform regular 'buy & hold' pension plans.
- You already trade and would like to add a trading robot to manage part of your portfolio to free up more time.
- You would like to copy all of Matt's trades with your own funds and have the transparency of seeing all his positions, trading decisions, and analysis.
- You have between $200 and $10,000,000 to invest - should cover most people!
- You want to be able to access your funds whenever you like and keep up to date on a daily basis.
- You want notifications to your phone every time Matt places a new trade for you.
NO, if any of the following apply:
- You are only looking to invest in the short-term (less than 5 years).
- You are investing using loans, credit or other debt.
At its core, Matt's philosophy is built on a systematic (rules-based) trend-following approach, Matt predominantly trades price action signals using medium-term outlooks.
The aim is to save people from the antiquated approach of 'buy & hold' stocks and the simple assumption they'll always go up.
Instead, Matt prefers to nimbly hedge risk across stocks worldwide, agricultural commodities, metals, oil, gas, currencies, bonds, treasuries, and cryptocurrencies.
Following trends both up and down and managing risk by keeping losing trades small and allowing large trends (when they occur) to develop into huge winning trades.
Trend-following has centuries of historic out-performance vs. the average market returns.
For Matt, it's the north star philosophy that guides every element of his trading and investment!
Matt decided to migrate the entire Augustus King fund over to eToro in late 2021, this was because he didn't want his investors to have to pay fees for his management services, but instead have eToro pay him for managing their clients' funds on their platform.
In addition to all his investment positions and trades being visible to the public at all times, Matt also updates his copiers and investors via the eToro platform, YouTube, and email newsletters.
So whatever your preferred method of staying up to date, you can readily track your investments in detail and transparently.
This hopefully instills more confidence and trust than if your money were in a faceless hedge fund sending a black and white, hard to understand, annual statement.
If you ever have any questions then you can use email, social media, or the eToro platform to reach out to Matt and simply ask him yourself.
This level of transparency breeds healthy accountability that he feels is missing from the traditional world of finance and wealth management.
The Face Behind Augustus King
Matthew Spurr: Dad, Husband, Tech Serial Entrepreneur, Multi-Lingual, Prop Trader, eToro Popular Investor, Eats Fast, Prefers Cold Weather, Likes Wine, Enjoys Golf, Snowboarding, and Triathlon.
ETORO POPULAR INVESTOR
I've been trading for over 10 years now. I currently manage an account for a leading European prop firm, Samuel & Co Trading Ltd, on their FX and Commodities desk.
I transitioned my privately managed Augustus King fund over to eToro for the world to copy all my trades there. My trading philosophy is predicated on a trend following approach with maximum diversification over as many liquid markets as I can get exposure to. I attack trends both long and short, letting my winners run and keeping the losers small.
I often devise, consult-on and create automated trading systems for existing traders to improve their productivity and ensure flawless execution and risk management.
For the better part of a decade now I've been utterly in love with every aspect of the markets.